Sat, 12 Aug|
Saint Mary Bourne
Outdoor Skills weekend
Build skills, make friends, discover somewhere new.
Time & Location
12 Aug 2023, 11:00 – 13 Aug 2023, 14:30
Saint Mary Bourne, St Mary Bourne, Andover SP11 6BP, UK
About the event
Our micro-adventure will start before we even leave home with a Zoom session on Wednesday 26th July at 7.30pm to meet our group, learn about kit, clothes and food and answer any questions you have.
On Saturday morning we will meet at our agreed location near Andover, Hampshire then explore the area as a group learning navigation techniques, hiking skills and environmental knowledge along the way. At our campsite, we will work together to set up tents, swapping campcraft knowledge, before enjoying dinner and settling in for the night. Our campsite is a simple semi-wild campsite with water and toilet facilities. On Sunday, you’ll have a chance to put what you’ve learnt into practice by progressing to lead the group at times (with support).
This will be a great opportunity for those wishing to build their skills and confidence in:
· route planning
· outdoor kit, food and clothes
· looking after ourselves and others outdoors
Things to consider:
-You don't need to be super fit or speedy but you should be able to walk up to 10km on two consecutive days.
- A suggested kit list will be provided. Some kit is available to hire upon request.
- If you're not sure if this is for you, or have any questions, then let's have a chat!
- We encourage use of sustainable transport to this event. Please let us know if you are happy to share details to arrange car sharing. Picks up from a nearby station may be available before 10am, please get in touch to discuss.
Outdoor Skills weekender
1 person. Includes Zoom meeting, weekend tuition and camping.£125.00+£3.13 service fee