Sat, 01 Jul|
Wembury Marine Centre
LOVE HER WILD: Wildlife wonders 2023
A nature adventure tour of south Devon
Time & Location
01 Jul 2023, 09:00 – 02 Jul 2023, 15:00
Wembury Marine Centre, Wembury, Plymouth PL9, UK
About the event
- marvel at marine wonders on our snorkel safari
- socialise with other Wilders in comfort in our bunkhouse
- expand your nature knowledge with a 'wild places' workshop
- see landscapes come to life on our guided hike
- view 'behind the scenes' in a Dartmoor smallholding
- enjoy a refreshing wild swim
Join an adventure with a difference – touring beautiful south Devon to learn about the variety of landscapes, habitats and species and consider how we can adventure responsibly!
We will visit Wembury Marine Centre for a snorkel safari to discover the amazing marine wildlife! Our qualified guide will kit us up and introduce snorkelling techniques before we set off on an underwater adventure. The cost of our safari goes back into the fantastic work of the Devon Wildlife Trust, a conservation charity dedicated to protecting this special place. After drying off, we will spend time enjoying the coast before heading off to our bunkhouse. Set in the beautiful Tamar Valley AONB, it is perfect base for wild places workshop. We will all chip in to cook a hearty dinner and enjoy eating together.
On Sunday, we will venture up to Dartmoor National Park for an exclusive tour of a smallholding which hosts the local community composting scheme. From there we will set out on a guided hike exploring the landscapes, heritage and wildlife of Dartmoor. A refreshing wild swim will send you home mid-afternoon feeling relaxed with new found knowledge of nature and inspired to take action for its future.
As always with all Love Her Wild adventures, we will work together always putting an emphasis on being a supportive, team. Bring a positive, flexible outlook and be prepared to learn, share and go with the flow! Our adventure will take us on a tour of 3 main locations around south Devon: Wembury, Lopwell and Mary Tavy. Everyone will be responsible for getting themselves around and we strongly encourage car sharing to reduce our environmental impact.
Things to consider:
- You do not need snorkelling experience but must be able to swim at least 50 metres and will need to sign a disclaimer before taking part.
- All snorkelling equipment will be provided but you will need to bring a swimming costume, towel, warm clothing, medication/inhalers and rash vest/beach shoes/wetsuit boots (if you have them).
- You don’t need to be super fit or speedy but you should be able to walk at least 8km over hilly terrain carrying a day bag.
- Saturday dinner (jacket potatoes) will be provided but please bring food for 1 breakfast and 2 packed lunches (cooking facilities are available in the bunkhouse).
- A suggested kit list will be provided and some items may be available to borrow upon request.
- Participants will be responsible for driving themselves between activities. We encourage car shares to reduce the environmental impact. A Facebook event has been set up for this: Wildlife Wonders 2023 | Facebook
- All activities are weather dependent and adaptations will be made if necessary.
*** LHW are a not-for-profit that focuses on keeping pricing as low and accessible as possible. Because of this, bookings for this event are non-refundable and non-transferable. If in the case Covid restrictions should prevent the event from happening, you will receive a full refund minus the £30 bunkhouse and card processing fee***
1 person - includes 1 night accommodation, Saturday night dinner, snorkel safari (all kit and tuition included), wild places workshop, smallholding tour, guided hike and talk, LHW Adventure Leader supporting you before, during and after the trip.£220.00+£5.50 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out