Sat, 16 Sept|
LOVE HER WILD: Eco-adventure
Adventure with a positive impact
Time & Location
16 Sept 2023, 11:00 – 17 Sept 2023, 15:00
Keynsham, Keynsham, Bristol BS31 2BT, UK
About the event
Can adventures be both exciting and look after nature and communities? Yes! This Eco-adventure aims to #LeaveAPositiveTrace on the people and places we pass through on our adventure.
How will we do it?
- Go green - we challenge you to get to the meeting point using only sustainable transport
- Nothing new - only bring clothes and kit you already own. Missing something? Borrow or rent it!
- Farm-to-fork food - all food for the weekend has been grown especially for us by St Werburg's City Farm
- The Grower's guide - learn the story behind our food in our bespoke cooking workshop
- Generation Green - we're staying in a GirlGuide centre so our accommodation costs contribute to outdoor opportunities for young women (potential future Wilders!)
- Wildspaces workshop - discover how to look after wild spaces near you
- Crafty community - make your own nature pottery to take home and support a local female artisan.
- Walk on the wild side - we will pause our hikes to develop deeper into the nature around us through games and activities.
- Team Wilder - be inspired to action learning about community initiatives to help you continue your ecoadventures at home
Things to know:
Overview: hike into our accommodation, with games and activities along the way. Enjoy workshops, talks, communal cooking and socialising with like-minded women before settling down for the night. Start the morning with more inspirational workshops before exploring a different route back.
- We're staying in shared bunkrooms with exclusive hire of the whole centre and grounds set in beautiful countryside. If you prefer to camp outside to be closer to nature - bring your tent!
- We want this adventure to be as sustainable as possible so we're meeting at Keynsham train station to allow people to arrive by train/bus/bike/canoe/canal boat.
- You don’t need to be super fit or speedy but you should be able to walk at least 8km, including a steady hill, carrying your kit on two consecutive days. A suggested kit list will be provided with some available to borrow upon request.
- Vegetarian food will be provided for Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast and Sunday lunch.
*** LHW are a not-for-profit that focuses on keeping pricing as low and accessible as possible. Because of this, bookings for this event are non-refundable and non-transferable. ***
This includes exclusive hire of outdoor centre with bunk style accommodation, 2 x lunches, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast, pottery workshop, guest speaker, wild spaces workshop, DYO tuition and guiding.£230.00+£5.75 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out